BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubUsergroupsGalleryFAQLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Share | 

Generation Kill - Red, White, and Blood CD Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sludgedude
Jedi Master of Metal
Jedi Master of Metal

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 89

PostGeneration Kill - Red, White, and Blood CD Review

Generation Kill

Red White and Blood

Season of Mist

HOLY SHIT! That sums up how this album starts with track one, Hate. It begins with some nice acoustic guitar, then changes to knee and elbow time! The brutality continues on track two, Red, White, and Blood with references to R. Lee Ermeys performance in Full Metal Jacket and The Star Spangled Banner guitar line at the end. The annihilation isn't over yet friends as track three, Feast for the Wolves proves. I love the chorus line in this tune, which is very hook-laden..."WE'VE BEEN BETRAYED!" Feast for the Wolves proves that Generation Kill is not only brutal, but can play slow interludes while maintaining their intensity. Track four, Self-Medicating is a not so friendly stroll into finding solace where none exists. This is a slow, yet intense tune full of melancholy and self-reflection. Depraved Indifferance follows and slams the listener into another frenzy of controlled chaos. Track six, Slow Burn, begins with some sludge driven riffing, and more hook-laden lyrics that will keep your head bobbing along. Slow Burn reminds me of the styles of Down, and C.O.C. but this is completely Generation Kills version! Section 8 keeps the listeners attention, as it gives you a tour into the mind of the warped and delusional. Get ready for whiplash as Generation Kill pours on the speed yet again with Walking Dead! Dark Days displays Rob Dukes wide range of vocal styles with some great singing. Let Me Die continues the unrelenting assault of breakneck riffing mixed with some great musicianship all around! The last track on the album is Wish, which is a cover of Nine Inch Nails. NIN never sounded like this though! The track listing for Red, White and Blood is:

1. Hate
2. Red, White, and Blood
3. Feast for the Wolves
4. Self Medicating
5. Depraved Indifferance
6. Slow Burn
7. Section 8
8. Walking Dead
9. Dark Days
10. Let Me Die
11. Wish

Generation Kill is Rob Dukes (Exodus) on vocals, Rob Moschetti (ex-Pro-Pain, M.O.D.) on bass and backing vocals, Jason Trenczer on guitar, Lou Lehman on guitar, and Sam Inzerra on drums. Red, White, and Blood is a concept story about a military member going to war, and the aftermath that follows being in that theater. This disc has struck me like no other in the last thirty years as I am a veteran, and know plenty of friends that have gone through these cycles, including myself. I solemnly salute Generation Kill for bringing this tragedy to the forefront for all service members past, present, and future that will ultimately struggle with these demons, and hopefully survive. Friends, this is a profoundly heavy disc, and is pro-quality from production to packaging. Boy and girls out there...THIS IS HOW METAL IS SUPPOSED TO SOUND! Now get Red, White, and Blood and mosh!

Generation Kill can be found at:

http://www.generationkill.bigcartel.com

https://www.facebook.com/#!/generationkill0

https://www.facebook.com/GENERATIONKILL1

https://www.facebook.com/GenerationKillS.T1

Bobby Weaver
July 12, 2012

Generation Kill - Red, White, and Blood CD Review

Back to top Go down