BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubUsergroupsGalleryFAQLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Share | 

Cheyenne Saloon Show Review 3/2/2007

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sludgedude
Jedi Master of Metal
Jedi Master of Metal

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 89

PostCheyenne Saloon Show Review 3/2/2007

Cheyenne Saloon show review for March 2nd, 2007

By

Bobby Weaver

Friday March 2nd, 2007 was a great night for metal at the Cheyenne Saloon! This show was produced by Josh Figg of Figgzilla promotions and booking and what a great line-up he put on the stage that night! I spoke with Josh at the show, and will be interviewing him about Figgzilla Promotions and what his plans are regarding the music scene next month. Thanks to all of the bands for taking the time to speak with us, it is greatly appreciated!

The first band of the evening was Kissing Hands, Shaking Babies, and I was instantly floored by this band! A very young Death Metal act from Vegas featuring members David on vocals, Tom and, D Mario on guitars, Zac on bass, and Aristeo on drums. The set list for the night included Red Week, Ashes, Pavement Diving, Remaining Silent, STFU, It Rains It Pours, and a 30 second tune titled “Whoops” which was fast as fuck! This band is brutal yet technical having the old-school death grooves! David’s vox are deep and growling, yet understandable as if he gargled with battery acid prior to the show. Overall the bands performance was outstanding…technical guitar riffs, accomplished drumming, thunderous bass lines combined with great stage presence truly make for one very professional young band! I was told after the show that this was their very first 21+ show, and damn did they deliver! Oh, and to the old fucktard that said they sucked…LICK SOME HAIRY BALLS!

The next band on the bill was State of Insomnia from Bakersfield, California. The best description that I can give is “face-painted horror metal” and damn do these guys put on a show! S.O.I. is made up of members Nathan on vocals and guitar, Mike on lead guitar, Jake on bass and backing vocals, Buddy on drums, and 0-Dub on synthesizer, samples and raps. Their music brings you into the depths of debauchery and death, feeding the chaotic frenzy with driving bass, hook-filled guitar riffs, and some thunderous drumming. Nathan’s vocals are extremely powerful and rise above this din, and then the keys and samples come into the mix. This is one band that knows how to develop a spooky vibe, and keep the audience riveted to the stage. The set list for the show was “Imaginary Friends”, “Betrayed”, “Mindtrip”, “Filthy”, “S.O.I.”, “Break You”, and “Dreams of Suicide”. State of Insomnia put on one hell of a performance with extremely memorable music, and is a great band to watch live!

Strikt-9 from Vegas was up next, and kept the momentum going with a very impressive show! Members D-Maze on vocals, Blaze and J-Lazy on guitars, Seven on bass, and Deth on drums together have a live chemistry that is pretty rare these days. Their set included the songs “Waste of Skin”, “Frozen Fist of Hate”, “Seconds from Death”, “Faded Truth”, “Blood Thirst”, Slow Burn”, “Through the Madness”, “Brain Sick”, and “Malignant”. This band does a little of it all! Great guitar riffs full of hooks, melodic leads, slap/pop bass, extremely rhythmic, thrash at times and just fucking heavy! From beginning to end this band kicked the crowd’s ass! These guys have a killer stage presence that is truly top-notch and tunes that are made for the pit! I’m looking for a full-length CD dudes!!

Fourth for the show was Dim from Las Vegas, and I must say another energetic group! This is one night of Metal that did not suck! Their set list included the songs Horrible, Letters, 10-02-01, When I'm Gone, Pandora, Run Ur Mouf, and Every Which Way. These guys have a very energetic stage performance with a good mix between heavy and melodic vocals. Shitstixx on drums throws in some nice off-time beats and complex drumming patterns behind the rhythmic riffing of Knuckillz on guitar. This is another band with some good chemistry going for them! Beast’s vocals have some excellent range and some nice dual vocal parts with Darkstar, who also runs the turntables for the band. I was pleasantly surprised that this is another band that uses slap/pop bass! Shitloxx was throwing that shit down! These dudes had some great crowd response and interaction, with the crowd jumping around during every breakdown section! Check these guys out if you get the chance!

I must apologize to Dim for missing the last song of your set and not getting the chance to speak with you after the show. I will catch up with you guys soon! I must also apologize to (Sic) Monic from Phoenix, Arizona for missing their entire show, but it was killer meeting the singer Taylor. I’ll catch up with you guys next time you’re in Sin City!

Again, this was one night that just did not suck! It was really cool seeing the bands working together, helping each other out getting set up and tearing down the gear onstage, and just hanging out! Inter-band relationships are the heart of any scene, and with camaraderie such as I witnessed upon this night, the Vegas underground scene should finally get the national exposure it deserves. The Cheyenne Saloon had a very nice crowd, except for one old, pickled dumbass, but overall another great night of metal! Tony “the sound dude” had the P.A. cranking and sounding great as usual, and the crowd was totally into this show. Horns up fukkerz!

Back to top Go down