BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubUsergroupsGalleryFAQLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Share | 

KOROTORY - CHAPTER III: THE CONQUERING REVIEW

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sludgedude
Jedi Master of Metal
Jedi Master of Metal

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 89

PostKOROTORY - CHAPTER III: THE CONQUERING REVIEW

KOROTORY
CHAPTER III: THE CONQUERING
KOROTORY INC.

Korotory has been in the Long Island, New York metal scene since 1995 and is one of the underground's best kept secrets. Their dogged determination is well represented in the bands 2013 release, Chapter III: The Conquering. Featuring bandmates Ray Truhn on vokills, Darren Markoff on drums, Chris Clemente on lead guitar, Matt Scriva on rhythm guitar, and Brett Weatherston on bass, Korotory creates a sonic annihilation that showcases the reasons why they are the kings of the underground. Powerful grooves mixed with death-infused thrash makes for one of the best albums that I've heard in a long time! Korotory displays a musical prowess, and a unique identity on Chapter III: The Conquering that doesn't sell fans short on anything! When I recently spoke with Darren, and Ray, they had this to say: "This was probably the smoothest album we've ever recorded, took forever, but the smoothest. The main reason it took forever is because this is the first album that we did, that we didn't walk in and have songs ready to go." They also had this to say, "It was a very relaxing experience with no time restraints. We took our time. Wrote songs that we thought were the best that they could be, and not just, you know...let's just repeat our last record, and just changed some stuff. We really wanted to evolve." The track listing for Chapter III: The Conquering is:

1. Hell's Gate
2. Spineless
3. Conquering the Swine
4. Absolute Zero
5. Probing the Nether
6. Ophidia
7. Dehumanization
8. Sanctified
9. Rise

Chapter III; The Conquering is just that, an evolution of metal that begins with track one, "Hell's Gate". A beautiful piano piece that introduces the listener to the album, but is quite the opposite of what's about to come. "Spineless" follows, and instantly rips your soul to shreds! This album has one of the best productions that I've heard in a long time as everything cuts through the mix, and is just an absolute slam fest! The breakdown in this song is just sick as hell, as it showcases some incredible bass work. "Conquering the Swine" is track three, and is a great groove-thrashing mosh monster of a song. The musicianship in the band is exceptional, and the sound that Korotory creates is nothing short of brutal! Next on the album is "Absolute Zero", and this tune is another filled with unmitigated rage. "Absolute Zero, like a wolf in sheeps clothes!" I absolutely love the lyrics in this one! "Probing the Nether" continues the madness, and is one incredible instrumental filled with some shredding leadwork. Track six is "Ophidia", and presents the listener with a thunderingly rhythmic case of whiplash. The riffs in this song, and chord structures for that matter paint a landscape of the NWOBHM, but with a sound all their own. The seventh track on the album, "Dehumanization", keeps the pit slamming. The breakdown/solo section is a lesson in controlled chaos that is a maniacally intense! "Sanctified" begins with Korotory's patented groove, yet quickly descends into the knee and elbow wonderland that is the pit. I love the lyrics in this one also..."I am my own messiah!" The final track on the album is "Rise" and is a fitting outro for the album as it just cements the bands mission of total annihilation! If you call yourself a metalhead, then you absolutely need to get this album! It's in my honest opinion, that this is one of the two top albums of 2013! Korotory proves the old saying, if you can't run with the big dogs, then keep your puppy ass on the porch!

Bobby Weaver
Feb. 1, 2013
Back to top Go down