BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubUsergroupsGalleryFAQLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Share | 

Nader Sadek - In the Flesh (2011) - Album Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SamKafirZamrik

Zodiac : Leo Metal Reputation : 2

PostNader Sadek - In the Flesh (2011) - Album Review

Nader Sadek
In the Flesh
Season of Mist Records
Released on May 16th, 2011

Nader Sadek has come along with a release of the debut album “In the Flesh”. Featuring major personnel from the Metal world including: Steve Tucker (ex-Morbid Angel) on vocals, Rune “Blasphemer” Eriksen (Ava Inferi, ex-Mayhem) on guitars, and Flo Mounier (Cryptopsy) on drums. This makes it one hell of a super-star line-up!

In the Flesh stands out as a good piece of death metal; bringing the new-age experimental elements, technicality, and brutality all in all, which you are to expect when you hear of such a project. The album starts off with an intro named “Awakening" which sets the right mood for you, and to let you know that what’s coming afterwards is BRUTAL, especially with the horrific animal-sounding ambient vocals. Something you would find usually in the more atmospheric genres of Metal, so this is definitely a brave step in blending. I like to think that it fits, especially with how it mixes with the next track entitled “Petrophilia”. This track in particular is quite good, the drums are well played, the guitars are in great harmony, however one thing that I did NOT appreciate about this track -or rather found detestable- are the vocals. I must say that they’re too corrupted with the heavy effects. Now I understand this is an attempt of experimenting to go along with the title, which must sound like a guy choking on petrochemical substances, but it just sounds off to me. Sounds electronic, and tampered with for the most part, as I think the track would be better without these effects. Then the experiment continues with the brief intro of the following track, named “Of this Flesh”. The rhythm definitely caught my ear! Then the very mini-interlude-like track “Exhaust” comes along to tie everything together and readies the listener for the track that follows under the name “Soulless”. Now this track is just some heavy shit! The bassline is quite noticeable, which makes it even more eargasmic! The vocals are absolutely suitable...the solo on that track is quite remarkable, and it blends in with everything quite greatly! One of the things I like about this track is that it’s long, and it doesn’t bore you at all! Every riff keeps you interested and makes you crave for more! This is definitely my favorite track off of this album. Then “Rusted Skin” comes along to place you in this horror scene which speaks out for itself...gloomy, grim...gives you chills! With “Mechanic Idolatry” things continue going uphill. All in all, the following track of “Suffer” comes with the greatness of the rest, the guitar work in this song is just absolutely remarkable, and I wouldn’t have it any other way! “Nigredo in Necromance” comes as the easy-landing instrumental outro of the album taking a slower approach while maintaining the main essence and sound of the album with the experimental elements coming present one more time. I’ve sensed a little post-metal/ambient influences in this one.
The album in general is a great release of Death Metal, I’ll say that over and over again! This album is well manufactured and engineered, that’s definitely due to be said. A little note to Nader Sadek and everyone who’s worked on this, I want more of this!

Sam Zamrik
3/4/2013.

Last edited by SamKafirZamrik on Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down