BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubUsergroupsGalleryFAQLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Share | 

Substance - Blackout E.P. Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sludgedude
Jedi Master of Metal
Jedi Master of Metal

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 89

PostSubstance - Blackout E.P. Review

Substance

Blackout E.P.

Self Released

Blackout, the first outing from Las Vegas natives Substance is a five song introduction to their style of metal. Featuring members Anthony on vocals, Rob and Joe on guitars, Frank on bass, and Gabe on drums it is easy to hear that these guys are hungry! Mixing styles that remind this listener of Rage Against the Machine vocals with hardcore guitars in the vein of D.R.I., Corrosion of Conformity, Down, and a bit of nu-metal. The musicality on this disc is vibrant, and filled with high-energy, however the production is lacking. The songs have some great hooks, memorable lyrics, and a pounding rhythm section that delivers the listener to a street level, eye to eye confrontation. Track listing for Blackout is:

1. Faceplant

2. Darkest Hour

3. Blackout

4. Forsaken

5. Pushover

My personal favorite on this E.P. is the title track Blackout, with Darkest Hour a close second. Like I said earlier, the production needs some tweaking...vocals are a bit loud, guitars could come up in the mix, but these are some really good, angry-as-fuck tunes! Look out for Substance, and check out Blackout! I believe that we can expect some great things from this band in the future!

Bobby Weaver

February 1st, 2012
Back to top Go down