BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubUsergroupsGalleryFAQLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Share | 

Kamikaze Hotshot - Zero (2013) Album Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal

Zodiac : Aquarius Metal Reputation : 1

PostKamikaze Hotshot - Zero (2013) Album Review

Kamikaze Hotshot - Zero (2013)
Unsigned -- Running Time: 44:04

SCORE
7.5/10

Kamikaze Hotshot are from Spalding, Lincolnshire and were formed in 2008. Three months ago I could have said that was my local area but now I live in Wales that's of course not true. At any rate, I first saw this band at Degeneration Festival in 2014 and was immediately impressed. If your preference in music is dirty & sleazy, punk filled Rock n Roll, then this four piece will be right up your street and their debut album 'Zero', which was released in 2013, is a fun filled romp through that genre. It's not big, clever or highbrow, the lyrics certainly aren't, but then Rock N Roll and Punk isn't is it? This album contains thirteen tracks that will are perfect party material and as I've already alluded to Kamikaze Hotshot are also great in a live setting!

Kicking off with 'Fight It' it's clear that these guys just want to have some fun and do it with plenty of guitar, bass and drums. Think The Wildhearts, The Sex Pistols, Turbonegro, The Ramones, Motley Crue and yes... Poison (sorry) and you'll know what to expect. The riffs are simple but effective, 'Sold Down The River' is a prime example, and the chanting gang vocals during a number of choruses will have you singing along like they are a long lost friend! Vocalist Benji Kamikaze sounds like a John Lydon who can actually sing and he is ably backed up by guitarist Captain Curt, bassist Jim D.K. and drummer Steve Van Hammer. Add those stage names to song titles such as 'Sippin Whiskey Feelin Frisky', 'Bondage Baby' and 'Suicide Date Party' plus lyrics that would make Dylan Thomas turn in his grave and you've got a band that just want you to crack open your bottle of Jack Daniels or Red Stag and go for it!

Kamikaze Hotshot aren't the finished item yet, they could certainly do with varying the riffs a little more and, in some instances, not let a classroom of ten year olds write the lyrics but there is something lurking there here I really really like. There are definite signs that album number two could be a cracker!

https://www.facebook.com/kamikazehotshot
http://www.reverbnation.com/kamikazehotshotuk
https://twitter.com/kamikazehotshot

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley:
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

This review is the property of Rick Tilley and Brutiful Entertainment.
Copying any part of this review for your own use (unless you are the band and/or record label/PR company), is strictly prohibited.
Failure to comply, is considered "plagiarism" and you will be turned over to Google and DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) for immediate take down!

Back to top Go down